Design: no limits.
Bacteria: no chance.
The latest developments in consumer electronics have inspired KURZ to create spectacular new products. Because we are your partner when it comes to developing impressive first mover solutions. This applies to innovative designs as well as to sustainable and economical processes.
Our KURZ BIOFENSE® antibacterial surfaces make a lasting contribution to surface hygiene. Fascinating indium design enables metallization without electroplating, suitable for modern smart 5G applications.
See the latest developments for yourself.
We focus on two aspects in particular: We want to combine the advantages of series production with the possibilities of individualization and using our resources responsibly. The designs and touch operability of our Boom Box concept do not affect the recyclability of your products. And KURZ BIOFENSE® surfaces look just as high-quality on recyclates, as on new plastic material.
Sensational reflections combined with color, design, and real chrome looks are the latest trends from KURZ. See for yourself the incredible design variations offered by indium-based metallization. They can even be seamlessly and precisely transferred to components up to 1,000 mm wide. Indium has another advantage: It is particularly suitable for Shy Tech designs and 5G technology. Backlighting provides additional orientation and design highlights.
KURZ also thinks sustainably with this decoration. Indium metallization is possible in the efficient IMD process. This wafer-thin real metal layer also does not impair the recyclability of the components and is ideal for finishing recycled plastics.
What's so special about indium-based metallization?
- Unlimited design freedom: Patterns and colors are just as possible as a real chrome look, glossy, matte, semi-matte and brushed surfaces
- Suitable for 5G technology
- Backlit, ideal for Shy Tech designs and touch operation
- Environmentally friendly alternative to electroplating
- Partially usable
- Efficient IMD series process
- Suitable for different types of plastic: ABS, PC/ABS, ASA, PP, PA12
- Can be used for recycled materials
- Indium is REACH compliant and therefore not subject to authorization in the EU
- The metallized components are recyclable
With this surface, bacteria on plastic surfaces doesn't stand a chance: KURZ BIOFENSE®. The independent Fraunhofer Institute confirms the effectiveness in accordance with ISO 22196. KURZ BIOFENSE® provides long-term and reliable protection for plastic surfaces, even in the event of frequent contact. Cleaning agents can't harm this decoration either. It can be easily and efficiently integrated into the production process.
The advantages of KURZ BIOFENSE® at a glance:
- Efficient IMD series process
- Long-term antibacterial effect on plastic surfaces
- Absolutely harmless to health
- Can be combined with a wide range of designs as IMD BIOFENSE is transparent
- Suitable for high-gloss surfaces
- Day-night design or backlighting possible
- Can be combined with HMI surfaces or display designs
Request your personal sample free of charge.
You can find the original samples from our trade fair highlights in the Sample Shop. Order your personal samples for free. While stocks last. Request them here now!
Do you have questions?
We like to stand
ready for you
Take a look with us into the future of surface decoration and find out what is already possible today. Look forward to inspiration and ideas, exciting stories and innovations from the world of KURZ!